|New Frontiers Charter School||Job posting 43301|
|4018 South Presa, SAN ANTONIO, Texas, 78223||Job posted as of Jun 30, 2017 until Until Filled|
Primary Role and Purpose:
Provide students with appropriate educational activities and experiences that will enable them to fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical and social growth. Help students develop the skills necessary to be a productive member of society.
Candidate must demonstrate knowledge in the program areas of ESL, Compensatory Education, Tile I and Dyslexia.
· Masters degree preferred but not required
· Bachelor degree required
· Texas Teacher Certification EC - 6 , 6-8, Reading Content/ELAR
· Understanding of subjects assigned.
· Working knowledge of curriculum and instruction.
· Capable of instructing students and managing their behavior.
· Exceptional organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
· Minimum of 2 years teaching experience– preferred
Responsibilities and Duties:
· Kinder – 8th Grade Reading Coach for Instructional Staff, with an emphasis in 3rd and 4th grade
· Support and guide reading teacher with responsibilities
· Instruct students in grades k-8 who are in need of intense instructional support and foundational guides which appear to be lacking due to evidence in lack of progress
· Design, write and collaborate lesson plans that conform to the charters curriculum. Ensure written plans are available for review and turned in weekly to Campus Administration.
· Ensure lesson plans show modifications for differences in student learning styles.
· Teach instructional subjects according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, charter polices and administrative regulations.
· Implement appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials and equipment to ensure comprehension of learning styles and student needs.
· Design instructional activities by using data from student learning style assessments.
· Collaborate with special education teachers on student Individual Education Plans to ensure all modifications are met.
· Collaborate with staff to determine charter requirement for the instructional goals, objective and methods.
Growth and Development
· Help students assess and enhance their study methods and habits.
· Produce formal and informal testing to evaluate student success.
· Coordinate and manage extracurricular duties as assigned. Sponsor outside activities approved by the charter principal.
· Serve as an example for students, support mission of charter.
Classroom Management and Organization
· Prepare classroom to enhance learning and to aid in physical, social and emotional development of students.
· Control student behavior in agreement with the student handbook.
· Ensure necessary and reasonable measures are taken to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
· Provide input on book, equipment and material selection.
· Establish communication rapport with parents, students, principals and teachers through conferences.
· Confer with Director of Special Programs on all updates and curriculum issues occurring within the reading programs.
· Create and maintain a professional relationship with colleagues, students, parents and community members.
· Present information accurately through clear communication skills.
· Enrich job skills through professional development activities.
· Attend off campus workshops and conferences to enhance and maintain up to date knowledge of current reading programs, methodologies and compliance issues.
· Keep up to date on and abide by state and charter regulations and policies for classroom teachers.
· Gather, manage and file all reports, records and other documents required.
· Be active in faculty meeting and assist in staff committees as necessary.
Additional Job Related Duties:
· Maintain control in stressful situations
· Extended hours may be required